Prep Time: 5 mins
Bake Time: 55 minutes
Bake Temperature: 180ºC
1 & 1/2 cups Chef’s Call Premium Vanilla Cake Mix
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4th cup butter
1 cup of Mawana icing sugar
1. To make a delicious smelling vanilla sponge cake, sieve the Chef’s Call Premium Vanilla Cake mix and baking powder into a deep bowl and keep aside
2. In a bowl add butter that has been kept at room temperature and beat with an electric beater for 1 minute
3. Add the Mawana icing sugar and cream the mixture with an electric beater for 2 to 3 minutes till it is light and fluffy
4. Add one egg, 1 tbsp of the sifted Chef’s Call Premium Vanilla Cake mix and beat with an electric beater till the egg is just mixed. Make sure to not over beat the egg.
5. Repeat step 4 two more times by adding one egg at a time
6. Add the remaining flour and milk and fold gently using a silicone spatula till well mixed.
7. Beat with an electric beater for 30 seconds to mix uniformly.
8. Line and grease a 175 mm. (7") diameter cake tin and pour the batter into it.
9. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 50 minutes.
10. Keep the cake aside to cool slightly, demould and enjoy!
P.s. this recipe is inspired the evergreen Tarla Dalal's recipe